Hannover Heart Rhythm Center –
Cardiac arrhythmias are among the top five reasons for hospital admissions in Germany, ranging from symptomatic palpitations to sudden cardiac death. In addition to treating patients with all types of cardiac arrhythmias, the Hannover Heart Rhythm Center is a nationally and internationally renowned center for research and training.
Research projects include:
- Sudden cardiac death and defibrillator therapy
- Digital cardiology and wearables
- Atrial fibrillation therapy and cardiac biomarkers
- Telemedicine and new heart failure parameters
- Rare arrhythmia syndromes and arrhythmias in peripartum cardiomyopathy
- Cardiac radiation of arrhythmias
- Neuromodulation in heart failure
- Influence of digoxin on arrhythmias in the DIGIT-HF study
- Special populations with arrhythmias such as children, adults with congenital heart disease or patients with left ventricular assist devices.
The Hannover Heart Rhythm Center has established numerous national and international scientific collaborations, including with the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, the University of Maastricht, the University Hospital in Graz, the Clinique Pasteur in Toulouse, the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, the Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital in Liverpool, the Department of Cardiovascular Sciences in Leuven and the University Hospital of Münster.
The research group has a high and growing publication output. Prof. Dr. David Duncker was co-author of position papers of the German Society of Cardiology, the European Society of Cardiology as well as the European Heart Rhythm Association and was co-author of the current curriculum cardiology of the German Society of Cardiology.
Prof. Dr. David Duncker is also a member of the editorial board of various scientific journals such as “Herzschrittmachertherapie und Elektrophysiologie”, the only German journal for electrophysiology, as well as “Frontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine”, “Arrhythmia Academy”, “Archives of the Turkish Society of Cardiology” and “Frontiers in Physiology, Section Cardiac Electrophysiology”. He is also an Associate Editor for “ESC Heart Failure”, “European Heart Journal Case Reports” and guest editor of the “Cardiovascular Digital Health Journal”.