INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGY | HEART CATHETER LABORATORY
Our Interventional Cardiology Unit treats cardiovascular diseases using invasive diagnostics and procedures. The Heart Catheter Programme avails of three cardiac catheter labs, including a hybrid laboratory with cleanroom air, state-of-the-art imaging facilities, and a catheter laboratory, which is primarily used for electrophysiological interventions.
Our catheter laboratory, with a team of nine interventional cardiologists and specialized catheterization assistants, provides round-the-clock emergency cover, 365 days a year.
Therapy Options and Procedures
- Invasive diagnostic tests for coronary arteries and heart valves
- Full spectrum of techniques for percutaneous coronary intervention and implantation of stents (including pressure wire technology, intravascular imaging, rotablation and implantation of bioresorbable scaffolds)
- Treatment of structural heart disease (atrial septal defects, patent foramen ovale occlusion, transfemoral aortic valve replacement, MitraClip)
- Emergency care for patients suffering from heart attacks and cardiogenic shock, including the use of circulatory support systems (Impella microaxial pump)
- Closure of the atrial canal in the event of atrial fibrillation to prevent stroke